Carla Rossi Academy – International Institute of Italian Studies (CRA-INITS) is a private Italian cultural non-profit institution founded in 1993/1994.
Since 1994, CRA-INITS has organized research projects and seminars for students coming from various international universities:
- Bard College, U.S.A.
- Brown University, U.S.A.
- Columbia University, U.S.A.
- Escuela Nacional de Antropologia e Historia/University of Mexico City MEXICO
- Georgetown University, U.S.A.
- Guangdong University of Foreign Studies, CHINA
- Jagiellonian University in Krakow, POLAND – Johns Hopkins University, U.S.A. – La Trobe University, AUSTRALIA – Luxun Academy of Arts in Jinshitan/Dalian, CHINA – McGill University, CANADA – Monash University of Melbourne – AUSTRALIA – Pennsylvania State University, U.S.A. – Pontifical University of John Paul II in Krakow, POLAND – Saints Cyril and Methodius University, MACEDONIA – San Francisco State University, U.S.A. – Università di Catania, ITALY – Università di Firenze, ITALY – Università di Foggia, ITALY – Università di Genova, ITALY – Università di Lecce, ITALY – Università di Milano, ITALY – Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore di Milano, ITALY – Università Federico II di Napoli, ITALY – Università di Palermo, ITALY – Università di Pisa, ITALY – Università La Sapienza di Roma, ITALY – Università di Torino, ITALY – Università di Urbino, ITALY – University of Ankara, TURKEY – University of Connecticut, U.S.A. – University of Delhi, INDIA – University of Istanbul, TURKEY – University of Pittsburg, U.S.A. – University of São Paulo “Julio de Mesquita Filho”, BRASIL – University of Stettin, POLAND – University of Wisconsin, U.S.A. – University of the Witwaterstrand/ Johannesburg, SOUTH AFRICA – Temple University, U.S.A. – Tufts University, U.S.A.- Yale University, U.S.A.). From 1998 to 2010, CRA-INITS, enrolled in its courses on Dante Hermeneutics, Italian Literature, Medieval and Renaissance Art graduate e undergraduate students of Harvard University U.S.A. (Harvard University Graduate Program in Italian Studies / Harvard Summer Program Abroad ). The most important results of the CRA-INITS research on Dante and Italian Renaissance art are published by the electronic service Carla Rossi Academy Press and Casa Editrice Le Lettere of Florence. Since 2007, a CRA-INITS cycle of lecture-performances on Dante’s Divine Comedy Evocazioni Dantesche is organized in Italy, Switzerland and India in collaboration with Società Dantesca Italiana – Florence, Centro Dantesco F. M. C. – Ravenna, Società Dante Alighieri – Rome, under the tutelage of the Italian Ministry of the Cultural Heritage (Ministero per i Beni e le Attività Culturali – MIBAC). The CRA – INITS main centre is at Villa Rossi ‘La Fenice’ in Tuscan